விருந்து Tamil Feasts
விருந்து Tamil Feasts is a social enterprise supporting recently settled asylum seekers through the celebration of food and culture and serving up traditional Sri Lankan fare prepared by Tamil men currently seeking asylum in Australia.
These thrice-weekly feasts create a context in which the cooks are able to share the food heritage of their homeland with the wider community. This unique enterprise simultaneously creates a space in which Australians are able to show their support of individuals who are presently seeking asylum all while partaking in some seriously tasty food!
Diners feast upon a traditional banquet of curries, chutneys, vadai, dahl, and masalas made by Proud Tamil cooks Richman, Nirma, Niro and Nigethan. It is a unique opportunity to experience the vibrant colour, spice and flavour of authentic Tamil cuisine—rarely found outside Sri Lanka.
Feasts are every WEDNESDAY THURSDAY & FRIDAY nights in the Merri Table Café at 7:00pm. These three-course feasts are a slamming deal for only $35. Kiddos-sized feast plates (without the spice) are valued at $20. Bubs join in the fun for free! With an ever-changing menu, no two feasts are the same!
Tamil Feasts have a limited capacity and are pre-book only!
Some of the particulars/FAQs:
- Each and every Tamil Feast offers a FEAST and VEGAN FEAST OPTION simply choose that option when booking your tickets.
- There is also a bar serving beer, wine, bubbles and a non-alcoholic drinks.
- Tamil Feasts can easily accommodate to cater any dietary requirements, when booking or simply let us know via email at email@example.com.
- The evening kicks off at 7pm, with the bar flowing & the Bhaji frying – at 7.30pm some words are shared by Nirma, Nigethan, Niro and Richman then, dinner is shared.
- Tamil Feasts are served at communal-style and cafe style in an intimate setting. Should you wish to be seated with individuals under another booking name please note when booking. If there questions simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll ensure you’re seated together.
- Be sure to bring along a take-away container (or three)! We’ll fill them up for a tip- donation of $7 and you’ll have lunch for the following day!
- Due to the nature of the project, we are not able to give refunds.